Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eureka Springs, Arkansas

I spoke to a family friend who lives up in Northwest Arkansas. She said that she thought Eureka Springs would be a nice area to build the village. She said there was already a self sustaining community there called Little Portions. After some research I found small organic farm there that is offering classes on gardening geared toward those wanting a more self-sustaining lifestyle. I emailed the real estate agent to ask her to look in that area for us. I also emailed the farm to inquire about classes and ask for input in regards to possible locations for the village.

I just read an article on the website of the guy who wrote Gaia's Garden. He and wife left the city and set up shop in the country only to find that they missed their friends and didn't fit in with the neighbors. Community is important so they moved back to the city. So I was thinking it would be nice to be near others who are doing the same sort of thing.

So I think Eureka Springs is a great possibility for us......I will put that on the list.

No comments: