Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I spoke to a real estate agent

So I spoke to an agent about some land that I had seen for sale in Arkansas. She said that she thought someone was buying it, but offered (of course) to look around for me. So here is what she found. I like the 20 acre property that already has a normal house on it. We could stay there as we build the rest of the project! It is also next to a river...so we can hop in a boat and paddle down the Mississippi to Louisiana. It is not the Mississippi, but it is a safe bet that is is a tributary. We need to go check the property out to see what else is around it and if rain and water shed passes over our land before getting to the river....we don't the neighbor's un-organic gris gris touching our land.

Here is the list of properties she thought might work for us:

http://SheilaVines1.nwa.mlxchange.com/?r=422299727&id=323030383432.304 

Just as an FYI- when I spoke to her I told her that we were setting up this first Self Sustaining Community (SSC) as an example. I told her we are starting a consulting business that will help others plan and build their own Green Eco-Villages. She thought with oil prices like they are that our business is going to do well. I just want to get along with our neighbor's. If they see us as anarchist/unpatriotic/hippie/save-the-world types they may not be nice to us. We just want to be left alone.

3 comments:

Mathemagician said...

the link didn't work for me. How did you find the agent? Are you just looking at the classifieds?

Dana said...

I fixed the link; can you try it again? I found a listing online for 40 acres for 21k and I called her because she was the listing agent.

Mathemagician said...

The link worked this time. Thanks!